Merit Badge and Application (Blue Card) procedure
Note: In order to receive awards at a Court of Honor, the awards have to be turned in to the Advancement Chair
- The Scout goes to his ScoutMaster to get a Blue Card and suggested Merit Badge Councilor.
- The Scout fills out his parts.
Sections 1 & 4 (except signature and dates).
Also, everywhere it says Merit Badge and Name.
- Scout gets the ScoutMaster signature on Section 1 indicating it is ok to start the Merit Badge.
- The Scout works with the Merit Badge Councilor.
- When complete, the Merit Badge Councilor fills in and signs his/her information on Sections 2 & 3.
(retaining the Counselor's Record Section 4).
- The Scout takes the Blue Card back to the ScoutMaster to get a signature on Section 3 (letting the ScoutMaster know the Merit Badge has been completed complete by the Scout).
- The Scout takes the Blue Card to the Advancement Chair for processing.
- The Advancement Chair;
- Enters the Merit Badge Completion in TroopMaster.
- Scans the "Applicant's Record" portion for retention.
- Picks up the badge and turns in Section 1 to the Council.
- Returns the Applicant's Record portion with a Pocket Certificate and the badge at the next Court of Honor.
2 meetings prior to the Court of Honor so paperwork and signatures can be completed to pick up the awards.